The weather is getting nicer. The other day, someone in the neighborhood was doing some BBQ, and it smelled so good. I can’t help it. I had to use my grill as well. LOL. I got some wings and fired up the grill. I love BBQ. I liked to hang out with my friends for BBQ when I was kid. Each of us had our own BBQ stick, a long metal stick with a wooden handle. We sat by a fire pit. We cooked our own food. It was so primitive. For each person, we usually prepared 1 piece of steak, 1 piece of pork chop, couple sausages, some fish balls, couple of wings, corn, mashmallows … tons of food. We ate, we talked, we listened to the sound of the waves by the beach. It was wonderful. BBQ back then was a whole different experience to me than BBQ here. When I got invited to someone’s BBQ party, the host usually had to stand by the BBQ grill and cook the food for all the guests. Poor guy! There was no fun for him! While others were drinking beer, talking and having a great time, he was busy cooking and feeding the hungry crowd. I would never want to host a BBQ party myself. LOL.
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- Chicken wings, 1.5 pound
- Orange juice, 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Ginger, 2 slices
- Honey, 2 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 tsp
- Chinese wine, 1 tsp
- Cornstarch, 1 tsp
- Water, 2 Tbsp
- Finely chopped the ginger. Put it in a bowl.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sugar, chinese wine, cornstarch and water to the bowl. Mix it well.
- In a small saucepan, pour source to the pan. Use low heat. Stir until the sauce thickens. Put sauce in a bowl.
- Fire up your grill. Make sure you spray non-stick oil to the surface of the grill first so that food won’t stick. Use medium high heat. Put wings on the grill. Cook it for 15 mins with the BBQ grill lid on. Flip over to the other side, and put the lid down and cook it for another 15 mins.
- When the wings look cooked, brush sauce to the wings. Let it cook for a minute or so on each side.
- Remove wings from the grill. Brush more sauce on top of the wings.