TGIF 😀 YAY. I can relax a little bit. I decided to make something I like. I like chicken cutlets and I also like Chicken Marsala. Hm.. may be I could combine them into Chicken Cutlet Marsala 😀 Chicken cutlets are breaded, so they are not the most healthy thing on earth. I know… But since I use spray oil instead of regular cooking oil, I cut back a lot on the oil. Besides, I rejoined the gym yesterday after 9 months of porkiness. I went to the gym yesterday and I went to the gym today. I felt GREAT. Plus I’m going to play golf tomorrow. So, I think it was ok for me to have a little bit of Chicken Cutlet Marsala. BTW, this is not difficult to make, just messy.
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- Chicken breast meat, 1 pound. I used the chicken fingers. They were already pre-cut.
- Breadcrumbs, 2 cups
- Marsala wine, 1/2 cup
- Egg, 1
- Cornstarch, 1 Tbsp
- Onion, 1
- Mushrooms, 1 pack. I bought the pre-cut ones. It was so convenient.
- Butter, 2 Tbsp
- All purpose flour, 2 Tbsp
- Water, 1 cup
Note: I used two frying pans. One for cooking the chicken, the other for making the sauce. If you only have one frying pan, remove the chicken to a plate when it is cook, and then make the sauce.
- Beaten an egg. Put it aside.
- Put breadcrumb on a piece of aluminum foil. Put it aside.
- Cut a small onion into strips. Put it aside.
- If you have one of those spikey meat tenderizer tool, use it to flatten the chicken breast meat a little bit. If not, just use the back of the knife to gentlely chop the meat a little bit.
- Put all the chicken meat in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of cornstarch. Mix it well.
- Pour the beaten egg into the chicken meat. Mix it well.
- Coat each piece of chicken meat with breadcrumbs.
- Put non-stick spray oil on the pan. Use high heat. Put breaded chicken on the pan. Let the chicken to cooke for 3 mins. Then flip it over and cook the other side for another 3 mins. Turn off the heat.
- Use a separate frying pan. Add onion to the pan. Cook it for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan. Cook it for 2 minute.
- Add butter, and floour to the pan. Turn the heat down to low. Mix it well and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly add the marsala wine to the pot, mix it well. Add water. Let the sauce to be cooked for couple of minutes.
- Pour the sauce over to the chicken on the other frying pan. Cover the pan. If you don’t have a lid that is big enough, put a piece of aluminum foil on top (that’s what I did). Turn the heat to medium low. Let the chicken cook with the sauce for 3 minutes or so. Taste it. Add a dash of salt if needed.