I’ve been gaining weight and not exercising. I’m sure I’m not alone. Still, this is not good. I decided to eat more healthy food, something high protein and low carb. I remember my friend used to make Stir Fried Chinese Chicken with Celery almost every week. It is one of the fast and easy dishes. Of course, if you use chicken breast meat, it is lean and packs with tons of protein. Do you know celery can help to reduce blood pressure? Yup, that’s according to Dr. Mom. LOL. I’m not kidding, this is true. If you google “celery reduce blood pressure”, you’ll know.
Ingredients (Serve 2-3):
- Chicken breast meat, 1 pound (you can use dark meat too)
- Celery, 2 hearts
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Chinese cooking wine, 1 tsp
- Corn starch, 2 tsp
- Oyster sauce, 1 tsp
- Soy sauce, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 1 tsp
- Salt, a pinch
- Finely chopped the garlic, put it aside.
- Wash and drain the celery. Cut it into strips, about 3 inches long each. Put it aside.
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, mix 1 tsp of corn starch, add 5 Tbsp of water, oyster sauce, and sugar. Mix it well.
- Cut chicken meat into thin slices. Put it into a bowl. Add soy sauce, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp cornstarch to the chicken. Mix it well.
- In a frying pan, spray oil (or add 1 Tbsp regular cooking oil). Use high heat. Add Chicken to the pan. Stir fry it for 2 or 3 minutes or until it is half cooked.
- When the chicken is half cooked, add garlic and celery to the pan. Keep stir frying for couple of minutes. Mix it well.
- Add a tsp of Chinese cooking wine to the pan. Mix it well.
Add the sauce mixture to the pan. Mix it well. Cook for couple of minutes until the sauce thickens and just barely coats the chicken and celery. Taste it, you can add a pinch of salt according to your liking.