It’s only a couple of weeks since the Chinese New Year, and I feel like I’m buried already with work and school. It has been crazy. One resolution I have for Chinese New Year was to eat more fish. I made some fish cake from scratch. I was trying to be creative. HAHAHAHAHA. I got some white fish filet. I put the fish in a food processor with shiitake mushrooms, dried shrimp and scallion. Mix it well, form it into round cakes, put some breadcrumbs on them, and pan fried them. They turned out pretty good. I was happy. I was so easily pleased. LOL.
Ingredients (Makes about 4 pieces):
- White fish filet, ½ pound (any boneless white fish filet would do)
- Dried shiitake mushrooms, 2
- Dried shrimp, a few pieces (about 1 Tbsp)
- Scallion, 2 stalks
- Chicken powder, ½ tsp
- White pepper, a dash
- Breadcrumbs, 1.5 cups
- Soak dried shiitake mushrooms and dried shrimp into hot water for 30 mins or so.
- Chop mushrooms and shrimps finely.
- Chop scallions into dices.
- Cut the fish into big dices first. The put the fish, mushrooms, scallion into a food processor and ground everything for 20 seconds or so.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor. Add chicken powder and white pepper into the mixture. Mix it well.
- Form the mixture into balls. Drop the balls about 2 inches into breadcrumbs and fully covered them.
- Spray non-stick cooking oil onto a frying pan. Flatten the fish cakes a little bit when put them onto the pan. Let it pan fry for 6 or 7 minutes on medium heat on one side. Spray oil onto the other side of the fish cake before flip them over and cook for another 6 or 7 minutes.