I have been grilling a lot. It’s a summer thing. I usually grilled a lot meat like steak, chicken, wings, hamburgers, hot dog stuff. Today I grilled some veggie for a change. Hehehehe. I want to eat healthy and exercise more. Tonight, I grilled some shrimp and zucchini. I like zucchini. It has a subtle sweetness and it is very juicy. Zucchini is not a Chinese veggie. I thought it may taste like a cucumber until a friend introduced it to me back when I was in college. A Chinese coworker of mine grows zucchini in his garden. But he doesn’t like it at all. He gave it away. Why does he bother to grow it if he and his family don’t like it? What a weird guy! :p I usually stir fry it with some garlic and oyster sauce. Tonight, I decided to put it on the grill together with the shrimp even though I have never grilled any veggie before. It was easier. I didn’t have to cook two things in two places. LOL. That was the lazy me’s logic. I made an oyster sauce dressing. It was YUMMY. This will sure be one of my regular meals. It only took me like 20 mins or so for fixing the dinner. Awesome!
Ingredients (serves 2):
- Zucchini, 2
- Oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil, 1 Tbsp
- Sesame oil, a few drops
- Prepare the dressing first. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, olive oil and a few drops of sesame oil into a small bowl. Mix it well. Put it aside.
- Peel zucchini. This is optional. I prefer it peeled. But just be careful because it is very slippery when it is peeled.
- Cut zucchini into big slices, about 1 cm or less in thickness.
- Start the grill. Put the zucchini slices on the grill. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip it over and cook the other side for another 5-6 minutes or until it softens. Remove the zucchini from the grill.
- Drizzle or mix the sauce with zucchini. Serve hot.