Nope. This is my signature dish . Super easy to make, and very yummy IMHO.
I invited friends over for dinner at my place, and I made this once. Everyone said it was yummy, and would like to know what was in the sauce. I told them it was ketchup. No one believed me… LOL. This is one of the dishes that you spend little effort and it guarantees good result.
This reminds me that I’ll post another shrimp recipe for Garlic Shrimp. That’s my sister’s signature dish.
- Shrimp, 1 pound (shelled, deveined). Prefer medium or large shrimp.
- Cornstach, 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic, 1 clove, chopped
- Lemon juice, a few drops
- Chinese cooking wine or white wine, 1/2 Tbsp
- Ketcup, 2 Tbsp
- Add cornstarch to the shrimps. Mix well. Put aside.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of oil. Use high heat. Add garlic. Cook it for about 10 seconds.
- Add shrimps to the pan, distribute them evenly so that they don’t overlap with each other. Let them cook on one side for a couple of minutes. Don’t stir.
- Flip over the shrimps to another side and cook for another 2 mins or so.
- Add cooking wine and ketcup to the pan. Mix them well with the shrimps (now you can stir ) Cook it for another minute or so. The sauce should be thickened up and just enough to cover the shrimps.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it well. Done.
Remember to eat it while it’s hot!!