I made Pan Fried Fish for tonight. It took me just 20 minutes to make this dinner. I made it right in time before American Idol started I am trying to be healthier these days. I need to eat more fish instead of meat. Instead of getting fresh fish that could be expensive, I went to Trader Joe to get frozen fish. They are just as good. I got a bag of frozen white fish for $7. It has 3 big filets in a bag. All I needed to do was to leave the frozen fish in the kitchen sink in the morning before I left for work, and let it defrost during the day. Then when I got home after work, it would be totally defrost, and ready to be cooked. Fish cooks fast, and it makes it a super fast and yet healthy dinner. If you are worried about the fishy taste, you would love this dish.
- Frozen fish, 1 bag, about 1 pound per bag
- Scallion, 3 stems
- Corn starch, 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Chinese cooking wine, 1 Tbsp
- Teriyaki sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 tsp
- Water, 5 Tbsp
- Cut the scallions into small strips. Put it aside.
- Make sure the fish is defrosted. Pat dry the filets with paper towel
- Add 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to the fish. Rub it evenly on the surface of all the filets.
- To prepare for the sauce, add the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix it well. Put it aside.
- Use a large non-stop frying pan. Spray enough non-stick cooking oil to the pan.
- Use medium high heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute. Add the fish fillets to the pan. Let it cook for 3 or 4 minutes. Do not touch!
- Spray non-stick cooking oil on the uncooked side of the fish.
- Flip the fish fillets over so that the uncooked side is on the pan. Let it cook for another 3 or 4 minutes. Do not touch.
- Make sure the fish is fully cooked. The meat should be white in color instead of translucent. Dish the fish onto a serving plate.
10. Rinse the frying pan to make sure the surface is cleaned.
11. Use medium heat. Add the sauce to the pan. Let it cook until it thickens. Stir occasionally to make sure it is nice and smooth. When the sauce thickens, add the scallions to the sauce. Mix it well. Cook it for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
12. Pour the sauce over the fish fillet.
Note: Must serve hot!