Finally, I can take a few days off and not worry about work or school. Merry Christmas! I finished another crazy semester. I was in a good mood and I tried to make some party food. I got a few invites for Christmas parties I made Chinese BBQ Ribs. These are very easy to make. Really, no skills needed. You just mix the sauce with the ribs, let it marinate for a few hours. Put them in the oven, let the oven do all the work. That’s it. I know there are a lot BBQ police out there. Hahahha.. The ribs I made tonight wasn’t as fall off the bones cos I didn’t bake them for many many hours, but they are certainly yummy and juicy. Give it a try. They are great party food. Everyone loved them. They were all gone.
- Pork ribs, 1 packet (about 2.5 pounds for the one I got)
- Char Siu Sauce, 2 Tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 1 Tbsp
- Chinese cooking wine, 1 Tbsp
- Sugar, 1 Tbsp
- Garlic powder, 1 tsp
- Salt, a dash
- Pepper, a dash
- Paprika, 2 Tbsp
- Honey, 1 Tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl, add char siu sauce, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sugar, a dash of salt, a dash of pepper, garlic powder. Mix everything well.
- Add ribs to the mixing bowl. Mix them well with the sauce.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a lid or plastic wrap. Put it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for a few hours. I put mine in the fridge for 6 hours. If you can marinate the ribs over night, it would be even better.
- Set the oven to 375F.
- Lay a baking tray with aluminum foil. Spray some non-stick oil on the foil to prevent the ribs from sticking to it. Lay the ribs flat in one layer on the tray. Sprinkle paprika on top of the ribs.
- Bake the ribs for 1.5 hours.
- There may be leftover sauce in the mixing bowl. You can use a brush to brush some sauce on the ribs occasionally.
- Mix 1 Tbsp of honey with 1 Tbsp of water. When 1.5 hours is done, brush the honey mixture onto the ribs. Put the ribs back to the oven and let them bake for another 15 minutes.