I woke up early. I made an egg sandwich on whole wheat bread. I played 18 holes of golf, I hit it well today. I had a tuna fish sandwich on wheat for lunch. It was a great day. Recap for the last 7 days, I exercised 5 times at the gym and played 2 rounds of golf. I felt great. I was a couch potato the week before. My childhood friend was crazy enough to join exercise classes at 9pm at night after her long hectic work days. I was so inspired by her, and here I am working out 5 or 6 days a week, and watching out what I eat. So far so good. I am very proud of myself for the first week of my weight lost plan. LOL. My legs were so sore this morning since I exercised last night as well. But it was all good. Joy of pain. I’m making Chili for dinner. I love Chili. You know why? Cos it’s meaty Actually Chili is really a good meal by itself. It has meat, veggie, and beans. I never knew how to make chili until my buddy showed me a cheating way of doing it. He cheated with a can of ready-made chili and then added extra meat and whatever ingredients to it. It was not bad at all. So I modified this cheating version to use half beef and half turkey to cut down the fat. One time, I brought some leftover Chili to work as lunch. My coworker said it smelled good, and asked me how I made it. Then he shaked his head and said “don’t do that!”. He said it was much better just use chili powder. Oh well, maybe I haven’t paid much attention at the grocery store and I haven’t come across any chili powder. So for all of those Chili Police out there, don’t yell at me for not making the chili the proper way. I’m going to keep making what I have been making till I learned the proper way someday. For now, I still enjoy my cheating chili. It is yummy.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- Ground meat, 1 pound (I used half beef, half turkey, you can use ground chicken, or whatever you prefer)
- Canned chili, 1 can (I used a can of 98% fat-free turkey chili with bean)
- Canned diced tomato, 1 can
- Bean, 1 can (I used a can of baked beans, you can use black bean, or whatever you prefer)
- Onion, 1
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Cooking wine, 1 Tbsp
- Ketchup, 4 Tbsp
- Salt, a dash
- Grated cheese, 1 cup (Optional)
- Cut the onion into dices. Put it aside.
- Finely chop a clove of garlic. Put it aside.
- In a big pot, cook ground meat. Use high heat. Stir it until it is fully cooked. Add a tablespoon of cooking wine, and mix it well.
- Add a can of cooked chili to the pot. Mix it well.
- Open a can of diced tomato. Disgard the water. Add the tomato to the pot.
- Open a can of bean. Disgard excess water or oil. Add the bean to the pot.
- Add chopped onion and garlic to the pot. Mix it well.
- Add 4 tablespoon of ketchup to the pot. Mix it well.
- Lower the heat to medium low. Put a lid on (or a piece of aluminum foil on if you don’t have a lid). Let it simmer for 45 mins to 1 hour. Stir occassionally.
- Taste it. Add a pinch of salf or more ketchup if needed.
- Serve hot with grated cheese.